I recently was scrolling twitter and came across this incredible video that explains quick ways to improve your posture immediately. I highly recommend implementing or at least trying to use some of these methods to improve your own posture.
Here are some reasons as to why you should maintain a good posture:
- keeps bones and joints in the correct alignment so that muscles are being used properly
- helps decrease the abnormal wearing of joint surfaces
- decreases the stress on the ligaments holding the joints of the spine together
- prevents the spine from becoming fixed in abnormal positions
- prevents fatigue because muscles are being used more efficiently, allowing the body to use less energy
- prevents backache and muscular pain
- improve your breathing ability by as much as 30%.
- relieves such as acid reflux, constipation and hernias